Lifeline is a 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week monitoring system that calls for assistance at the press of a button. This personal emergency response technology provides peace of mind for family and friends and enhanced independence for the subscriber. You can read on to learn:
For questions about Lifeline at Mission, please call our Lifeline representative at 828-257-7204. If you would like additional information, you can also visit the national Lifeline site.
How Lifeline Works
As a Lifeline subscriber, you will wear a personal help button while at home. This button is waterproof and can be worn in the bath and shower. If the button is pushed, it sends a radio signal to a communicator unit connected to your phone line. The Lifeline communicator unit then automatically dials the Lifeline office response center. The response center summons appropriate people for your assistance. Your chosen friends, family members or neighbors are the primary responders, and emergency personnel are used only when necessary.
- No large "up front" cost and nothing to buy, ever - Subscribers pay a small installation fee and an affordable monthly monitoring fee. The Lifeline unit is owned and maintained by Mission's Lifeline, so there are no repair costs or service fees.
- No "do it yourself" confusion or waiting - One phone call provides installation information, and your installation can be scheduled the day you sign up. An installer from Mission will visit you and completely and carefully explain the system during installation.
- No special wiring or equipment - All you need for Lifeline is a telephone jack. Your phone system remains the same and Lifeline doesn't affect your phone bill. We offer a choice of units and help buttons matched to your individual needs.
- No billing confusion or long-term contract - We provide a convenient payment booklet and pre-addressed envelopes for your small monthly monitoring fee. Keep Lifeline only as long as you need it or want it.
- Commitment and reliability - Our Lifeline Program has served more than 5,000 Buncombe County residents since 1981.
- Lowest priced response service in the area - We provide high-quality service and our monthly monitoring fee is held to an absolute minimum.
Our office is located at 345 Biltmore Avenue on the second floor. Free parking is available in the visitor parking lot at the south end of the building.
To schedule an appointment, please contact our Lifeline representative via email at email@example.com or via phone at 828-257-7204.
We are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monitoring service is provided 24-hours-a-day.