The children in our community are our future, and we believe that healthy habits should begin at a young age. Mission Children's Hospital is dedicated to offering disease and condition prevention and management as well as education and outreach resources that give children and families the support they need to lead healthy lives.
Mission Children's Dental Program provides a variety of dental services across Western North Carolina to return a child to good dental health.
- The ToothBus, Mission Children's mobile dental clinics, serve needy school-age children in local settings such as elementary schools and health departments.
- For those children with severe dental problems that cannot be treated easily or completely in a traditional dental setting, we provide Dental Surgery services.
Family Support Network
When families face health challenges, sometimes it can be valuable to share experiences with others who have walked the same path. The Family Support Network provides families faced with special health care, behavioral or physical needs with emotional support and information from other families with similar life experiences.
- Mission coordinates a variety of Community Education programs, including conference presentations, in-service trainings and workshops in our region.
- Through Parent Matching, families can provide emotional and practical support to others based on their own experiences.
- We offer a wide range of informational Resources to parents including guides, an on-site lending library, E-letters and other communications vehicles.
- Mission provides logistical and organizational assistance to parent-driven Support Groups which help families cope with health challenges.
- We provide Training to our parent volunteers on a variety of topics including listening skills, dealing with grief and loss, taking care of oneself while serving others, and setting personal boundaries.
Mission is the lead organization for Safe Kids WNC, a network of local agencies focusing on reducing injury and death associated with motor vehicle crashes, bicycle crashes, burns and smoke inhalation, drowning and poisoning.
Mission Children's Hospital has many tools to help young people in our community experience a healthy, active lifestyle and learn about weight loss while having fun. Programs include Eat Smart, Move More, ENERGIZE! and personal consultations.