With more than 3,500 deliveries annually, the maternity team at Mission Hospital has the knowledge and experience to help make your childbirth experience a comfortable and personal one. Our goal is to support and help carry out the choices of your birthing plan.
Staff at the Helen Powers Women's Health Center provides specialized support for mothers and babies 24 hours a day.
Our region of the state has a wealth of healthcare professionals providing family centered maternity services including Obstetricians, Certified Nurse Midwives, Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility specialists, Osteopaths, and Family Practice physicians.
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Board certified physicians treat and counsel women from adolescence through reproductive years and menopause. Using the latest techniques as well as traditional methods, physicians meet a woman's health needs whether she's having her first gynecological exam, her first baby or her first mammogram.
To find Certified Nurse Midwives who deliver babies at Mission Hospital, contact:
You can also get more information about maternity providers by calling our One-Call Scheduling Department at 213-2222, option 2.
The maternal-fetal medicine unit has been designed to support you should you experience problems during your pregnancy. With its state-of-art equipment and its staff trained in the latest techniques, the unit is able to monitor and treat a wide variety of conditions in a secure environment.
- Our 10-room unit accommodates stays as short as a few days to those that are as long as two or three months
- We admit and care for women in all stages of their pregnancy
- Conditions we treat include pre-term labor, mild preclampsia, high-risk pregnancy, and leaking of amniotic fluid
- Afternoon activities are available to those women who require longer-term hospitalization
Labor and Delivery
Each birth experience is unique, and at Mission Hospital we want to help meet your goals during this time. Flexibility is a key factor in our ability to accommodate your birthing plans and your choices. You may be interested to know that:
- Convenient Online Pre-Registration
- Board certified specialists in obstetrics and gynecology are available 24 hours a day
- Two nurses are at all deliveries-one for you and one for your baby
- Rooms can become intensive care units, if necessary, with all equipment stored in cabinets in the room
- Four rooms have tubs for relaxation during labor as well as for underwater births
- All rooms are private, and are decorated with soft-looking curtains and bedspreads to create a more home-like environment
- Survivor Services program for expectant mothers that have experienced PTSD or sexual abuse.
Outpatient Labor and Delivery
Staffed by highly trained and experienced healthcare professionals, the outpatient labor and delivery unit offers services as well as evidence-based data that enable you to make educated decisions. We can:
- Verify that you are in labor
- Turn breech-position fetuses with success rate of nearly 60%
- Perform routine and therapeutic amniocenteses during your pregnancy
- Provide the technology to support your choices and decisions
Mother Baby Unit
The Mother-Baby Unit is designed to provide personal care tailored to the needs of each mother and her newborn. Our goal is to have you and your family go home confident in your abilities to care for your baby. At Mission's Mother-Baby unit you'll find:
- Babies staying with their mother full-time, giving families a head start on bonding.
- 34 private mother-baby rooms, each with a daybed so a family member can stay with mom. Plus each room's large bathroom features a deep bathtub where mothers can relax and soothe sore muscles.